Sunday 6 January 2013

New Year...New Project...

Well 2013 has arrived and is well and truly underway.  The lemsip is out, the man size tissues are being replenished on a daily basis and of course the quilts are out to snuggle under!! The decorations are down and 2012 has been packed away.  The living room has been 'spring cleaned' ready to deal with 2013!!  And I'm slowly working my way around the house to get it back to 'normal'.


The walking to work - now back to normal hours has recommenced...with great joy.  Three ducks taking their morning shower was today's offering!



The sales were attacked...for replacement bed linen for the BH.... but came back with two cushions...well how could I resist...they were 50% off!!!




I have tried to start planning my quilts for this year...so many new ones I would like to do.  We have friends getting married in July.  I have a little boy quilt to do for April. I have two promised motocross quilt, and a skateboarding quilt!!  I have sooooo many unfinished quilts I should be working on.  And best of all ... I have been given, by my Mum, her wedding dress - which has been stored for about 45 years. To make something 'useful' from it.  Actually it's a really good idea to make something as it would only remain hidden away.  But what to make.  I have been asked to make a small pillow and then the rest is up to me.  With Mum's 70th in February, I guess it would be nice to get the pillow done!


The first cut is always the hardest....and i can perhaps now understand why this has not been done sooner.


And just to keep me fully occupied I am continuing on with my mini hexagons...


Its amazing how many you can get done with a spare five minutes here and there!!



The end of my first week of 2013!!! 

2 comments:

  1. My New Year's learning from you is little and often to make crafting progress!

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just imagine what you'll be capable of once the lemsip addiction is cured!!

    Go girl

    Helenx

    ReplyDelete