Monday 18 March 2019

3 Tor Dartmoor : Shaugh Bridge & Lydford Gorge

Having been perked up by a massive Rhubarb Gin last night I was fighting fit (and when I say fighting fit.... I mean I was slightly grateful that we were not climbing a mountain today!)


Shaugh Bridge was our first stop - a stunning ancient woodland.





Second stop of the day was Lydford Gorge. After tea and cake we headed down into the gorge.

Devils Cauldron.... a little hairy walking down here, VERY narrow walkway, with very steep steps - but as I was following a lady with  stick I was a little embarrassed to turn around.





We did cheat a little - instead of doing the two hour walk - we drove to the other end (for which my short stubby legs were very thankful).

Whitelady Waterfall - breath-taking, but unable to capture the sheer power of the waterfall.  And once again - walking down meant the way out was up, up, up.



A wonderful few days - with some realisation that I really do need to get out more with the camera, if you don't use it you lose it. The realisation that my legs need to go faster, and the final realisation that I can hold a wee for longer than I think!

Thank you IM and JB for waiting (and waiting) and for helping me over the big rocks! And if you want to see some amazing images - https://www.instagram.com/ianamacey/








1 comment:

  1. I see some amazing Rhubarb-enhanced images right here! I feel a field trip coming on (only 26 days till we start our adventure . . .)

    ReplyDelete