Monday 18 March 2019

3 Tor Dartmoor: Littaford Tor & Wistman's Woods

Day Three - and I had nothing left in my legs! Yet I  slowly make it up 500m to Longaford Tor. And the wind was windier than windy - in fact I'm fairly certain it was a gale,  just as I'm sure it was a mountain we climbed rather than a hill (snigger snigger).

I was being blown around and had to stop several time to brace myself, the kit needed to be anchored and the tripods could not be left. Such fun!!

Littaford Tor - stunning views, and very lucky to have pockets of light.




The third tor is Longaford Tor. We were blown to the second one and then headed down.



Wistman's Wood was our next stop - a little more sheltered - but fully aware when hail came (only very briefly) that the weather was turning.




Once again I don't feel my images do justice at all to the beauty of the area.






No comments:

Post a Comment