Sunday 1 March 2015

Fund Raising for QoS: Large Crochet Brooches and Gift Tags

Many of those who know me well, know that I love a good rummage in a charity shop..... I must admit I have been very lucky in some finds over the years - and if the item is £1 or less I don't really think too hard parting with my cash!

Wool has been hunted for on lots of occasions - as I've been producing blankets to give away.  Ages ago I picked up a bag of random odds of blue and green and a bag of pinks and red - knowing that for a pound I could use these to make a larger granny blanket for someone - most of this wool has already been made into granny squares.

Along with these odd bags, was a bag of pre made flowers of varying sizes, shapes and colours.... once again for £1 I knew I could make use of them, maybe not at that moment in time but certainly in the future...

And that time is now....

Small flowers - made into gift tags. Adding a colourful tag - (Pack of ten from the £1 shop) - and the odd button - a great use (I think) - hopefully others will agree!!

Ta Dah....


The larger flowers in the bag, I decided to make larger flower brooches - add a few buttons - a felt back and a brooch pin and there we have it.....

Ta Dah.....



Available this summer, at a community fair near you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment