Thursday 7 August 2014

London in the Dark

First of all I would like to share with you all, that London is not the 24 hour city I always believed it was!  Having decided to stay out all night we had planned a rest, with a cup of tea and a bite to eat in the early hours just to keep us going - what actually happened was a bench with some water and a chocolate bar!! Very hip and happening!! Public toilets were few and far between but a very kind hotel man let us use some very posh ones!

So this is what I got.....



 

 


 And before we knew it, the sun was coming up......
 



And just to prove I'm not the only completely mad fool staying out all night!!!


With feet aching but a smile on our faces we headed home on the first train out of London bridge - 7.35am - heading as quickly as we could to our beds!!

I loved it - I would do night time photography again - in fact if I didn't work I think I'd be out most nights!! It went so very quick - we didn't even have time to photograph Big Ben - we were very, very lucky with the weather - another trip needs to be planned very soon - maybe not all night but certainly as late as we can!

2 comments:

  1. The pictures are great Carole. I especially love the light trails, so much better than mine.. HMS Belfast looking great as always. I didn't get my ruler out but I hope your horizon is straight !! It certainly was a worthwhile night out. Look forward to the next one ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need to get you out west -we've got more interesting bridges.....

    ReplyDelete