Saturday 19 July 2014

Weekend Wildlife

During the summer months we tend to force ourselves on Christine for our monthly Quirky Quilters meetings - Christine has the most amazing outdoor space.  Space for six of us to sew/hook outside - but remain dry should the rain start - and the most amazing garden.

I have sadly missed the last two meeting held at Christine's with one thing and another so this month I went armed with my sewing AND my macro lens in the hope I could run around her garden (and pretend I knew what I was doing).....

Not to be disappointed there was much activity, but none would stay still long enough me me to focus!!

This is what I got....

Just not able to get close enough with the 50mm lens - thus not good focus - did consider for one second climbing into said pond to get a bit closer!



Loads of butterfly's, just would not stay still!!

Not bad.....

Again, not bad.....
Lessons learnt from today  - take all lenses with me when planning to photograph - you have no idea where the insects may land - my 300mm would have been much better!  Also plan to photograph all day and let the insects come to you - don't chase them - it only makes you and them very excited!!! :)


And this could have been one of favourites of the day but I completely messed  up the focus and chopped his tail off.  I tried to manual focus above me - and it just didn't work. BUT I love the detail in the wings - well  - on the bit I did manage to focus on!! lol


Next time, I'll get the buggers....

1 comment: