Monday 19 January 2015

Project Linus: Motox Quilt

I've had these Motox panels for several years now - sitting on a pile - ready to be made up.  I purchased the panels thinking they would be 'pain free' to make up.  Project Linus are always requesting more male orientated quilts - so I thought it was abut time I made the panels up - and for a very good cause.

So with a quick pattern drawn up - and all materials pressed and the fleece backing found - I made a start. Trimming the centre panel I ensured all opposite sides measured the same.  But when folding the panel in half ( to find my centre point) I discovered there was a massive 'gap' on one side.  I spent a couple of evenings scratching my head as to what knock on effect this would have on the following rows and then on the advise of my fellow quilters - just got on with it!


A simple design of a chequered boarder and squares were added and then just simple quilting - made in no time at all.



Ta Dah...


One down and one to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment