Wednesday 20 March 2013

What's been happening.....

Well now, since my last post we have had snow....with more snow predicted (So I really should delete the last post ... A little bit closer....!!!!).  With Easter only a week away - and six whole days booked off (well, two actually along side two bank holidays and the weekend sandwiched in between) I'm busy getting some DVD's and 'crafting' things together to take with me in case we don't get out and about as planned!

I have been busy sorting and sewing my arcs for the wedding quilts - all (194 - that's 1164 pieces)completed now - sorted and labelled - ready for the next step.  Cutting of the 'melons' and 'corners'.  The sewing machine is packed, and hopefully, if all cutting is done I can sew melons and corners during my few days off.


I have completed my final 'kids' quilt.


I've done another five rows (well seven but I had to undo two!) on my ripple blanket - and sorted my colours.


I've picked up the 'new' car - and oooooh, how wonderful it is!  It's just great - it'll take a bit of getting use to and I sooo miss having to go round and check all the doors are locked (not) - just one press of a button now!!!!


And we have had our friend A in to help restore order at the BH.  Correcting some of the cr** work completed by the insurance guys.  The Kitchen was removed at the weekend and cupboards replaced.  I actually feel relieved that I now know it to be in good order - but disappointed at the same time that we have had to spend the weekend doing it.  Some of what we found...


Floor not completed underneath cupboards, as we had completed before the flood.



Kitchen units broken and 'repaired' rather than replaced.


Dirt on top of the appliances and underneath cupboards.


And lots (and I mean lots) and bodged bits.  


It's so disappointing when the insurance guy was paid thousands of pounds to repair our house to such a poor standard.  BUT this is it - I am now moving on - I will not complain (well I'll try not too!!).  Summer is coming - we have a bungalow by the sea - and we have had our first guests, of 2013 - may there be many more this year (and a little bit of sunshine won't go a miss either)!! 

Right, off to find my cutting board....




1 comment:

  1. Ooooohhhhh now I want balls of wool to think about a ripple blanket of my own!!!!

    And for the record I really do think you should send the insurance company the photos of what you've found. As you say - that idiot was paid a large some of money to do a proper job and he didn't.

    ReplyDelete