Monday 30 January 2012

That time of year......


A couple of weeks ago this was my life - for about seven days.  I so very much hate being ill - not being able to keep on top of chores, more important not being able to quilt or craft!  It is actually very rare that I'm really poorly but this cold knocked me for six.  In bed as soon as I returned home from work and then the whole weekend in bed.
Cold 11.1.12

I'm much better now but still have a slight cough and runny nose - not getting through the three boxes of tissues at I did at the height - and being able to get back to my normal routine quilting and crafting (notice I didn't mention the chores!).

We had Mum and Dad to stay the following week - luckily with the cold mostly gone I could sit in the same room!!  They had come for a special visit as Dad had got tickets for Cirque Du Soleil - at the Royal Albert Hall.  Its always a massive treat for my parents to spend the day in London.  Although they had their honeymoon in London some 45 ish years ago they have only started going again since I moved  1/2 an hour away by train. 

TOTEM

They had a wonderful day - and really enjoyed the show - recommendation was given as very much yes if you were considering going!

Saturday, I had my monthly meet with the QQ (Quirky Quilters) - we all went to HW this time as she had the kids (they are so very good - we never know they are there).  A great day was had (as always) catching up after Christmas and New Year.  I took my wholecloth hand quilting that I have been working on for sometime now!  I would have taken the English Patchwork that I have been working on but the recipient was present so I didn't want to give the game away!  The wholecloth quilt was purchased the same time as we purchased the Beach House - with the idea that I could hand quilt in the evening - this really hasn't worked out and some three years later I'm still doing it!!  I have taken it several times but we have spent so much time doing the place up I don't really get much time to quilt when I'm there.

Sat Quilting 21.1.12      Sat Quilting 21.1.12

One whole side and corner was completed - so very pleased with my day!  Not much more to go!!

Saturday night we went to the Beach House - and D indicated in the car that it was going to be a restful weekend - but Sunday morning - not being able to help himself - he reached for the hammer!!  The final counter was removed and the oven came out.  The final tiles were taken off. We really have taken/removed everything now from the kitchen that we can.  Just a matter of waiting now for the new kitchen to come.
Kitchen BH 21.1.12



No comments:

Post a Comment